In our Holistic Health tip series we answer questions that have been asked instore to help with wellness. This week's question is all about juicing. Is it worth juicing? Is a regular juicer okay to use?
Yes! It's absolutely worth juicing. You can decide to invest in a juicer and if you want to, it doesn’t have to be a cold pressed juicer to be beneficial. Or alternatively, you can pick one up from a second hand shop or purchase on sale.
There are so many benefits to daily juicing including:
- Connecting to and enjoying seasonal produce in abundance & getting to know local trees, growers and your surrounding gardening community.
- Fresh juices also offer instant nutrition, energy and satisfaction. They can offer a pick up, curb sweet cravings and ward off unwellness.
- Juices can be a daily preventative medicine as they are delicious to consume as well as being visually appealing & full of goodness.
- You can enjoy easy fasting using juices or skip a meal and replace it with a couple of juices when you feel your body needs a detox, reset or a tune.
Great combinations include:
- Ginger, carrot, lemon and apple + seasonal citrus
- Pineapple or watermelon, beets, lemon and ginger
- Kale, cucumber, lemon & ginger
- Oranges, turmeric and ginger with a carrot and a pinch of black pepper
Anything with a high water content juices really well including watermelon, cucumber & rockmelons. Add fresh mint, parsley, kale, ginger and lemon to create a detox blend.
Rockmelons and pineapples create a creamy foamy drink more like a smoothie and can be the basis of a non-alcoholic cocktail.
You can omit sweet fruits to make more of a bitter green juice by adding plenty of fresh herbs and lemon and if you’re feeling unwell add plenty of fresh ginger and turmeric.
Enjoy juicing all through the year and see what nature provides each season for your health & wellbeing.